Half spinal twist
- Sit with the leg stretched out in front of the body, Spine erect.
- bend the right leg and place the right foot flat on the floor on another side of the left knee.
- Right toe facing forward.
- Bend the left leg and bring the foot towards the right buttock.
- Grasp the outer edge of right ankle with left palm ( in case of stiff muscles hold wherever you left palm reaches) so that right knee is close to the left armpit.
- slowly by keeping back as straight a’s possible start twisting to the right.
- look over the right shoulder without straining the back and neck.
- Bend the right elbow and place the arm on the lower back.
- Reverse the movement to release the posture and repeat on another side.
Exhaling acquire the posture stay in suspension or do shallow breathing.
Inhaling release the posture.
- Avoid during pregnancy and menstruation.
- In the case of peptic ulcer, hernia, hypertension and cardiac ailments
- sciatica or slipped disc.
- spinal injuries.
- It tones the back muscles
- Reduce muscle spasms & the tendency of adjoining vertebrae to develop inflammatory problems and calcium deposits.
- It massages the abdominal organs and activates or regulate the secretions of the adrenal gland, liver, and pancreas improve digestion and good for kidneys.
- tone the waist and pelvis region.
- Blood circulation increases in reproductive and excretory organs.
Nisha Yadav ( Yoga expert )