Cumin seeds are also known as jeera in Hindi and Marathi. It is known as jeerak in Ayurveda, the word jeerak indicates its ability to improve your digestive power. The botanical name of cumin is Cuminum cyminum Linn and it belongs to the Umbelliferae family.
In Ayurveda, jeera has a very crucial role specifically in disorders related to your digestion. The cumin seeds have a tendency to increase pitta dosha and balance Vata and Kapha dosha. It has ushna potency.
Benefits of cumin seeds –
- cumin seeds are helpful in bloating issues.
- cumin seeds are helpful in diarrhoea
- It is advised to consume cumin seeds if one is suffering from vomiting.
- women are advised to consume jeera during the time of pregnancy. It helps to treat nausea.
- It increases your digestive fire and thus improves your appetite.
- jeera seeds have antioxidants in them and these are proven to reduce the chances of getting cancer, hypertension, and many heart diseases.
It is one of the key ingredients in Indian cuisine, Indian cuisine or Indian dishes are quite heavy to digest so adding cumin seeds in the preparation for the tadka helps to digest the food quickly.
It is useful in a condition called irritable bowel syndrome. The jeera or cumin seeds help to reduce the symptoms of IBS.
Research has shown that the essential oil extracted from the cumin seeds is beneficial to people suffering from diabetes and hypertension.
Cumin also has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Research has shown that cumin seeds restrict the growth of staphylococcus bacteria.
Add some jeera powder to a glass of water and drink it. Doing so has many health benefits, It keeps your skin healthier and keeps you young. Cumin seeds also have a great impact on your immunity, increasing the vyadhikshamatva is one of the main features of cumin seeds.
Speaking of jeera, it has antispasmodic properties and is hence recommended to reduce menstrual cramps or stomachache. People suffering from acne and other skin conditions can also drink a glass of water with a pinch of jeera powder in it.
CURE FOR SURE TEAM