Nowadays you can see many advertisements regarding ayurvedic detoxification, which shows you someone taking massage with oils and powders or any other elements, Taking a bath in the bathtub with some leaves and water, taking steam. Some advertisements show you oil is pouring on the forehead. But all these things are not ayurvedic detoxification.
Tea Tree Oil is a natural ingredient used in the treatment of Acne, which is as effective as Benzoyl Peroxide that cleanses the skin.
It contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that remove marks and make skin soft.
It is great natural cleansers and toners.
Pineapple is a small herb. It has around 60cm to 1mt longleaf with thorny margins. This plant is basically from Brazil and brought to India by the Portuguese. Now abundantly available in India.
Latin name: ananas consistent
Loaded With Nutrients
Pineapples are low in calories but have an incredibly impressive nutrient profile.
One cup (5.8 ounces or 165 grams) of pineapple chunks contains the following :
- Calories: 82.5
- Fat: 1.7 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Carbs: 21.6 grams
- Fibre: 2.3 grams
- Vitamin C: 131% of the RDI
- Manganese: 76% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 9% of the RDI
- Copper: 9% of the RDI
- Thiamin: 9% of the RDI
- Folate: 7% of the RDI
- Potassium: 5% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 5% of the RDI
- Niacin: 4% of the RDI
- Pantothenic acid: 4% of the RDI
- Riboflavin: 3% of the RDI
- Iron: 3% of the RDI
Pineapples also contain trace amounts of vitamins A and K, phosphorus, zinc and calcium, Pineapples are full with a variety of vitamins and minerals. They are especially rich in vitamin C and manganese.
Fruition happens at the end of summer and in Rainey season. So you get all benefits of pineapple if consumed in this period.
- According to Ayurved pineapple are Vata and pitta shamaka
- Pineapple is very helpful in anorexia abdominal pain and hyperacidity (amlapitta)
- Pineapple water or jam reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, bleeding disorders and certain cancers.
- Fresh Pineapple juice also helpful in constipation and worms
- Pineapple is also useful in urinary stones and micturition.
- Make sure not to eat pineapple in pregnancy as it causes abortion when taken in excess.
- Raw pineapple is very effective in kashtartava ( metrorrhagia- painful menstruation) and anartva (amenorrhea- scanty or no menses).
- Pineapples are delicious, accessible and easy to add to the diet.
Buy Suggested Products
ARJUNA TABLET (60Tab) – heart diseases, heart muscles, heart functioning , anti-hypertensive property, high blood pressure
Akshar Shatavari Kalp Granuals – Enhances Immunity, Menstruation, Pregnancy & Postnatal Period, Increase Milk Secretion, Irregular periods, Gastric irritability & ulcers
Acidex Syrup – Acidity, Dry Cough, Indigestion, Worm, Stomach Swelling, Heart Burning, Hiccup, Digestive Disorders
The full Yogic breathing involves all 3 types of sectional breathing discussed before in previous blogs.
HOW TO DO:
1. Take a comfortable sitting position, make sure the head and spine are in one straight line in the centre.
2. Begin slowly by inhaling through the nose, let the air fill your lungs without stopping the movement.
3. Continue to inhale smoothly until your ribcages have expanded sideways.
ABCDE Technique to resolve your mental trouble, based on WHO guidelines
Dr.Madhavi Sheth. Counselling Psychologist.
Nowadays almost all of us are worried about our body immunity. In fact, many of us started working on it, due to pandemics. In fact, most Doctors would emphasise Physical Immunity. The second emphasis should be given to Mental immunity. Since we all need to guard our mental health due to the long lockdown.
Half spinal twist
- Sit with the leg stretched out in front of the body, Spine erect.
- bend the right leg and place the right foot flat on the floor on another side of the left knee.
- Right toe facing forward.
- Bend the left leg and bring the foot towards the right buttock.
- Grasp the outer edge of right ankle with left palm ( in case of stiff muscles hold wherever you left palm reaches) so that right knee is close to the left armpit.
- slowly by keeping back as straight a’s possible start twisting to the right.
- look over the right shoulder without straining the back and neck.
- Bend the right elbow and place the arm on the lower back.
- Reverse the movement to release the posture and repeat on another side.
Detox water is always healthy and fun to make; today I am sharing a recipe of “SWEET DETOX WATER” made from apricot, peach and rosemary, easy to prepare, healthy to consume and kids gonna love it