Beetroot is a root vegetable also known as red beet, table beet, garden beet, or just beet.
Amazing things happen when you eat beet.
Beetroot has lots of health benefits. It is a superfood providing good sources of nutrition. It is tasty and delicious. Beets are packed with nutrition and a good source of fibre vitamins and minerals.
Beets are mainly made of
- Calories: 43
- Water: 88%
- Protein: 1.6 grams
- Carbs: 9.6 grams
- Sugar: 6.8 grams
- Fibre: 2.8 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Beet leaves are equally beneficial.
|Nutrient||Percentage of an adult’s daily requirement|
|Vitamin A||0.3% for males, and 0.39% for females|
|Magnesium||7.83% for males, and 10.97% for females|
Reasons to include beets in your daily diet.
- It prevents signs of ageing.
- It promotes hair growth.
- It moisturizes dry skin and gives you healthy skin.
- It helps to prevent cancer.
- It improves stamina.
- It prevents dementia (memory loss).
- It lowers blood pressure.
- prevents clotting and inflammation.
- It helps to cure arthritis.
- It helps to fight anaemia.
- It controls diabetes.
- Drink beet juice daily including its leaves.
- It accelerates weight loss.
- It purifies the blood.
- It detoxifies cancer-causing poison.
- It cleanses the liver and stimulates liver function.
- It lifts compact waste from the bowel walls.
- It helps to create red blood cells.
- It is low in calories/ reduces cholesterol.
- It is rich in vitamin B, and folate which reduces the risk of birth defects.
- It is rich in vitamin C which helps in boosting the immune system.
- It is rich in iron which boosts energy.
- It is rich in fibre which helps with indigestion.
- It is rich in manganese which is good for bones, liver, kidney and pancreas.
- It is a natural colon cleanser.
- It prevents muscular pain.
- It is rich in potassium which helps to heal the wound faster.
- It purifies the blood and supports capillaries.
- It lessens tumour cell growth.
- It prevents heart and vascular diseases.
- Nitrates present in beet open blood vessels increase blood flow to the brain.
- It is also good for the eyes and improves retinal health by preventing cataracts.
So….just beet it…