Ayurveda works on the principle of tri-doshas which state that there are three doshas residing in our body: Vata, pitta, and Kapha. These tri-doshas should be in equilibrium. One will develop a disease if these doshas lose their balance or equilibrium.
Summers in India can get pretty hot, so there is an increase in pitta dosha in hot summers, which can cause indigestion, nausea, skin disorders, hyperacidity or acid reflux.
Here we are going to discuss the diet that is suitable to eat during summers.
- Drink plenty of water; you can also add some lime juice to it. The best thing you can do for your health is to drink coconut water.
- Avoid pitta aggravating food items like fried oily food and overly spicy food.
- Also, there are a few things which you use daily that can increase your pitta dosha, onions and garlic, they have pitta aggravating properties.
- One can include several vegetables that have alkaline properties like radish, snake gourd, pumpkin, and stem of the banana.
- You’ve probably heard of amla, also known as Indian gooseberry, which contains a lot of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an absolute requirement during summers.
- Avoid foods like beetroots, carrots, garlic, chilli, tomato, salted cheese and sour cream to reduce the production of heat in your body.
- Eat more salads and avoid the dark meat. Moreover, because raw veggies are not recommended, the salad should be sautéed.
- According to Ayurveda, your digestive fire is strongest during the day or in the afternoon. One should consume heavy foods or foods that are difficult to digest In the afternoon, the digestive fire is tied to the amount of pitta in our bodies, so pitta is also at its greatest in the afternoons; however, during the summer, one should avoid heavy meals in the first place.
- Not eating lunch will aggravate your pitta.
- Hot and cold drinks should be avoided. Consuming hot drinks such as tea will increase your pitta and the cold beverages will diminish your digestive fire, causing indigestion or accumulation of various toxins in your body due to improper digestion of food.
CURE FOR SURE TEAM