Coconut has prime importance in Indian tradition. But this importance is because of its scientific importance.
The Latin name of coconut is “Crocus Nucifera” and it belongs to the “Arecaceae” family. Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Coconut water is again one better nutritional drink. It is a good source of antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc. Following are few benefits of coconut water;
- A good source of carbohydrates, it also helps lift your energy level Rehydrates the body. Good for those who are dehydrated due to vomiting, nausea and excessive sweating.
- Being a rich source of potassium helps in maintaining blood pressure.
- Cholesterol- and fat-free tender coconut water offers cardioprotective benefits.
- Helps in flushing the kidney. Hence helpful in urinary tract infections and urinary calculi.
Unlike cow’s milk coconut milk is lactose-free. So it’s best to substitute for milk in lactose intolerance.
- Coconut milk is a good option to wash your hairs if you want strong, shiny and straight hairs.
- Coconut milk is a good source of phosphorus which makes your bones strong.
- Selenium found in coconut milk is an antioxidant, which relieves arthritis symptoms by controlling free radicals and decreasing the risk of joint inflammation.
- It is rich in fiber, which makes you feel full for a longer time and if taken in moderation, can help to control weight.
- Coconut milk is a good body moisturizer.
- Applying plain coconut milk is effective in treating sun-damaged skin.
Coconut oil is useful from head to toe. There are two processes of coconut oil preparation. One is cold-pressed and another is using heat. Cold-pressed is better as very it has not undergone many chemical changes. Coconut oil is only saturated fat that gets solidified at room temperature, as it has small chains of fatty acids. coconut oil is very safe and beneficial. It can be used in the following way for different benefits.
- Coconut oil is one of the best hair oil. Extra virgin coconut oil is useful for hydrating and lubricating your hairs.
- If you have split ends apply coconut oil to your hairs, keep it overnight. In the morning give steam to your hairs and then wash your hairs.
- Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. If you have dry skin you should apply extra virgin coconut oil to your skin at bedtime.
- Applying extra virgin coconut oil daily to your body and face will help you to tighten up your skin and delay ageing. Also helps to reduce fine lines.
- Coconut oil is helpful in the dryness and itching of your genital region.
- In joint pain, taking 1 teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil helps in increasing lubrication in joints.
- In eczema, coconut oil works very nicely due to its moisturizing property.
Coconut shell powder:
- The oil we get after rubbing the coconut shell is used in fungal skin infection, eczema.
- Ash of coconut shell is taken with honey in hiccups and vomiting.
Buy Suggested Products
KAPIVA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL – provide good fats to the body, benefit your skin and hair, weight loss , good for the heart.