Beetroot is a root vegetable also known as red beet, table beet, garden beet, or just beet.
Amazing things happen when you eat beet.
Beetroot has lots of health benefits. It is superfood providing good sources of nutrition. It is tasty and delicious. Beets are packed with nutrition, a good source of fiber vitamins and minerals.
Beets mainly made of
- Calories: 43
- Water: 88%
- Protein: 1.6 grams
- Carbs: 9.6 grams
- Sugar: 6.8 grams
- Fiber: 2.8 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
|Nutrient||Percentage of an adult’s daily requirement|
|Vitamin A||0.3% for males, and 0.39% for females|
|Magnesium||7.83% for males, and 10.97% for females|
Reasons to include beets in your daily diet.
- It prevents signs of ageing.
- It promotes hair growth.
- It moisturizes dry skin and gives you healthy skin.
- It helps to prevent cancer.
- It improves stamina.
- It prevents dementia (memory loss).
- It lowers blood pressure.
- prevents clotting and inflammation.
- It helps to cure arthritis.
- It helps to fight anaemia.
- It controls diabetes.
Beet leaves are equally beneficial.
- Drink beet juice daily including its leaves.
- It accelerates weight loss.
- It purifies the blood.
- It detoxifies cancer-causing poison.
- It cleanses the liver and stimulates liver function.
- It lifts compact waste from the bowel walls.
- It helps to create red blood cells.
- It is low in calories/ reduces cholesterol.
- It is rich in vitamin B, folate which reduces the risk of birth defects.
- It is rich in vitamin C which helps in boosting the immune system.
- It is rich in iron which boosts energy.
- It is rich in fibre which helps indigestion.
- It is rich in manganese which is good for bones, liver, kidney and pancreas.
- It is a natural colon cleanser.
- It prevents muscular pain.
- It is rich in potassium which helps to heal the wound faster.
- It purifies the blood and supports capillaries.
- It lessens tumour cell growth.
- It prevents heart and vascular diseases.
- Nitrates present in beet open blood vessel and increase blood flow to the brain.
- It is also good for eyes and improves retinal health preventing cataract.
So….just beet it…