HOW TO DO:
- Stand erect with feet together & hands at their respective sides at shoulder level opened widely palm facing down. Focus at one point.
- Bend the knees gently to help secure the twist, without strain.
- Lift the left leg and twist it at the hip joint and the knee, wrap it around the right leg.
- Then take the left foot around the right ankle to lock the toes of the twisted left leg.
- Once the body is secured, try to straighten the right leg, keeping the body straight.
- Cross the arms( left arm below the right one) & twist the hands, at the elbow, wrap the left hand around the right arm and join the palm together.
- Stay in the posture for a while till you are comfortable.
- Gently release the toe and un-twist the leg and arms to assume the starting position.
- Now repeat the above with the right leg.
- Severe arthritis.
- Frozen shoulder & Tennis elbow.
- weak legs, weak neuromuscular coordination.
- Helps to loosen the joints by flexing and stretching the tendons and muscles of the shoulders, elbows, wrists, pelvic, knees and ankles.
- Improve suppleness & elasticity of the hands and legs.
- Improve balance, endurance and alertness.
- Improve neuromuscular coordination.
- Improve concentration.
Nisha Yadav ( Yoga expert )